Erica L. Montague
Erica joined McGeady Becher as a special district attorney in 2020. She is a graduate of the Sturm College of Law at the University of Denver, where she earned an Environmental and Natural Resources Law Certificate.
Prior to joining the Firm, Erica worked as an associate attorney for another Denver law firm in its Special District and Environment & Energy Practice Groups. Before attending law school, Erica also gained more than 15 years of legal experience as a paralegal across numerous practice areas.
Of her special district practice, Erica says: “Coming from a background in litigation, I am excited about the collaborative and cooperative nature of special districts work.”
Notable Publications & Presentations
- Co-Author, Chapter 8 – Special Districts, Improvement Districts, Intergovernmental Authorities, and Public Improvement Corporations, Colorado Land Planning and Development Law 2021 (The Colorado “Greenbook”)
- Author, “Legal Ethics,” presented at the National Business Institute’s Data Security and Cybersecurity: Getting the Basics Down course (May 14, 2019)
- Author, “Third-Party Service Provider Agreements,” presented at the National Business Institute’s Data Security and Cybersecurity: Getting the Basics Down course (May 14, 2019)
- Author, “Practical Aspects of a Data Breach,” presented at TechPulse 2019 (April 23, 2019)
- Reese Persuasive Writing Award recipient, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Get to Know Erica Better…
When she is not practicing law, Erica enjoys kickboxing, running, kayaking, traveling, and spending time with her family.